Thanks to Philip Humbert and his newsletter subscriber, Moreah, for the following. If you're already retired, go ahead and gloat! If you're still in harness, your time for gloating will come...
You know life is hectic when…
1. You accidentally enter your password on the microwave.
2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.
3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of 3.
4. You e-mail the person who works at the desk next to you.
5. You lose touch with friends and family because they changed their e-mail addresses.
6. After a long day at work you go home but still answer the phone in a business manner.
7. When you make phone calls from home, you automatically dial "9" to get an outside line.
8. You've sat at the same desk for four years and worked for three different companies.
10. You learn about your redundancy on the 11 o'clock news.
11. Your boss doesn't have the ability to do your job.
12. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home.
13. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn't have the first 20 or 30 (or 60) years of your life, is now a cause for panic and you turn around to go get it.
14. You get up in the morning and go online before getting your coffee.
15. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. :)
16. You're reading this and nodding and laughing.
17. Even worse, you know who you are going to forward this to next.
18. You are too busy to notice there was no #9 on this list.
19. You actually scrolled back up to see if there was a #9 on this list, AND NOW U R LAUGHING at yourself.